– The new process of Flash Spark Plasma Sintering developed by SDSU Powder Technology Laboratory has been featured by Basic Science Division of the US Department of Energy: https://science.energy.gov/bes/highlights/2017/bes-2017-04-e/.
– A Feature Article (co-authored by Prof. Olevsky) “Current understanding and future research directions at the onset of the next century of sintering science and technology” dedicated to the 100th Anniversary of the Journal of the American Ceramic Society has been published: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jace.14919/epdf.
– A Feature Article “The Fabrication of All-Solid-State Lithium-Ion Batteries via Spark Plasma Sintering” co-authored by MS Student Jack Rechtin, PhD Student Xialu Wei, and Prof. Olevsky has been published in the journal “Metals”:http://www.mdpi.com/2075-4701/7/9/372.
– Prof. Olevsky has been elected an International Advisory Board Member of the Competence Centre on Additive Manufacturing – Metal (CAM2) at Chalmers University, Sweden: http://www.chalmers.se/en/centres/cam2/about-us/Pages/organisation.aspx.
– Prof Olevsky will chair an International Conference Sintering 2017 – a de-facto Sintering World Congress, which will be held in San Diego in November 2017: http://ceramics.org/international-conference-on-sintering-2017.